Dr Saad Saad, Pediatric Surgeon

Dr Saad Saad was one of the eight children from Palestine; he passed his early years in Kuwait. He gained his medicine degree in Egypt from Cairo University in 1970. After finishing his internship in England, he migrated to the USA. While in the United States, he did his residency in Pediatric Surgery in the USA Board Certified in Pediatric Surgery. Under his name, he has developed various new pediatric surgical procedures and patented two inventions. For the past years, he has done complex pediatric surgical procedures on small children with different years ranging from teenagers to infants. When he was interviewed about his life and career experiences he provided the following response.

 

What Happens When Children Swallow a Foreign Object?

 

Young children are curious to invest anything in their mouth and get down. Sometimes the target can become trapped or unintentionally go down the windpipe. The most common indicators of a stuck item comprise of trouble breathing, wheezing and swallowing. Hot dogs, coins, and peanuts are among the usual targets that can get amazed when kids swallow them. If you want to unstack an object from kids, you should move around them in an upside down posture and take them by their legs and tap on their back. If the operation is fruitless, then bring your child to an emergency room for an X-ray; use an endoscope and a vacuum to perform the routine better.

 

Dangerous Objects and Dr Saad’s Personal Expertise

 

With his many years of personal expertise, he described two main objects that are dangerous when swallowed which are Peanuts and batteries. The examples of the most swallowed batteries are the circular batteries in cameras, watches, and calculators. To avoid object swallowing issues, parents should follow the rules and regulations.

 

Dr Saad Saad Personal Stories

 

Since he has experience in this work he understands the time taken by a coin after swallowing and the largest object he has ever removed is a toothbrush. Eliminating foreign materials from a child’s body is difficult, and it requires professionals such as Dr Saad especially when removing them from food or windpipe. He has developed his expertise over a long time, and that’s why he is free to share the hard to swallow advice.¬†Learn more :¬†https://angel.co/saad-saad-2